Tonight, I wanted to try something new…actually, I’ve been doing that a lot lately with all of the refashions and repurposed projects I’ve been working on. Anyway, I dug through my closet and figured I’d take apart this dress since I haven’t worn it in years.
I cut the dress at the waist to separate top from bottom. It looks like I can easily refashion the top half to make a simple shirt; however, I chose to work with the skirt section for tonight’s refashion.
So, I flipped the skirt upside down and decided to make the waistband into the bottom of the shirt so I sewed the seams together on the end of the skirt, leaving a large neck hole. Then, I cut arm holes on each side of the shirt.
Once I put this on, I knew I accomplished the vision I had in my head! I love how it turned out…very comfy and cute!